Thank you for contacting support. Below is a standard warranty procedure which applies to most of our product. However certain product lines, including PIP-LC and PCM series, may require PCBs to be returned for service.
Technical DifficultyIf you are experiencing problem with product(s) purchased from us or from our resellers, please refer to your User Manual and confirm first if your system is set up according to instructions. If this does not resolve your problem, please supply additional information below and send an email to the Support Team (email@example.com). Please remember it is very important you supply as much relevant information as possible, including:
- Fill out an IFFR form
- A clear photo of the S/N label (model name + serial number)
- Clear description of the problem
- Relevant details and frequency of the problem (if applicable)
- Current condition of the product -- can it DC start with battery? Any error code on screen?
- Background information (Inverter): AC source (utility or generator)? battery capacity? approx load level and type? any solar input?
- Background information (Solar Charger): solar panel electrical specification?, PV configuration? system voltage?
- Supplemental photos/screenshot or videos relevant to the issue
- Where the product was purchased
Questions about a ProductIf you are new to solar or unsure what you require in your system, please feel free to send us an email by using the contact form in the Contact page, and one of our product consultant will assist you shortly. If you have a more detailed question regarding the suitability of the product with your existing system, please provide us some background information, such as:
- the expected size of your PV array
- PV panel's electricial specification, this includes the Voc (open circuit voltage), Vmp (maximum power voltage), Isc (short circuit current), and Imp (maximum power current)
- your system voltage (12v, 24v or 48v)
- your location (city, country)
- the size of your maximum load, in watt (if applicable to the question)
Warranty and Liability
MPP SOLAR INC. warrants that all products provided hereunder will conform to applicable specification when delivered and shall be free from defects in material or workmanship for the warranty period stated in the contract. Standard international warranty on all products is 1 year, unless otherwise specified.
MPP SOLAR INC. reserves the right to provide either free repair or replacement for products covered by warranty, depending on product type. In most cases, when customer is able to provide sufficient and clear data, upon successful review and confirmation of warranty coverage, free replacement boards or parts will be supplied to customer without requiring any return. In exchange, customer will agree to a small charge to cover postage of the replacement board or parts.
If return is required, customers must contact MPP SOLAR INC. and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) consent before returning products. Sufficient relevant information should be provided by customer in order to effectively troubleshoot and analyze root cause. MPP SOLAR INC. accepts no responsibility or liability and reserves the right to refuse service on any returned product without prior authorization. Please refer to the standard RMA procedure below to initiate your return process, if return is requested.
MPP SOLAR INC. will not be held liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, losses, costs or expenses. MPP SOLAR INC., at its sole determination, will repair or replace product returned by customers. Product must include a legible data label showing the serial number. The warranty belongs to the unique serial number of the product.Please note damage due to following causes is excluded from warranty:
- Improper transportation and delivery
- Unauthorized modifications, alterations or any form of self-repair attempts
- Improper installation, usage or operation (all products are indoor rating, unless otherwise stated), including damages arising from use in environment with excessive moisture corrosion or dust build-up
- Non-compliance with relevant safety standards or regulations
- Application beyond the scope of product design/ratings or safety standards
- Acts of uncontrollable natural forces such as lighting, flood, fire, storm etc
- Insufficient ventilation of the device
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
- Please contact with our customer service for help and provide the product serial number. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) email will be provided to you.
- Please fill out a Field Failure Report (FFR) for root cause analysis. This report must be included with the return merchandise. You can download the IFFR form here.
- MPP SOLAR INC. will inspect with the returned product and provide a root cause report before repair or replacement. For the cause outside of warranty, customer is liable for the repair / replacement charge.
- MPP Solar Inc will under no circumstances accept returns from customer out of either Buyer's remorse, or for lack of features which were NOT stated in specification or documentation.
- MPP Solar reserves the right to refuse service on any returns without obtaining a RMA authorization.